What To Look For In an Inpatient Rehab Treatment Center
Each addiction manifests itself in a different, unique way. Thus, your journey towards leaving drugs and alcohol behind you should also be unique and specifically tailored to your needs. For this, it is vital to find an inpatient rehab treatment center that can truly help you overcome your addiction, provide ongoing support, and adopt a holistic approach to addiction treatment.
Yet, with thousands of facilities across the country, it can feel difficult and intimidating to find the right one for you, especially because the experience you’ll have in the facilities you choose can be life-changing. Luckily, there are just a few indicators – and red flags – that can guide you in your choice. Here’s all you need to know but don’t hesitate to get in touch with Peaks Recovery Centers to speak to a specialist.
Understanding Your Needs
Addiction to drugs or alcohol is a condition that afflicts over 21 million Americans – although, only 10% of people experiencing an addiction receive the right treatment. Undoubtedly, looking for a rehab center is the first step of your journey out of addiction, but it can be challenging.
However, selecting the right rehab treatment center and the program can significantly increase your chances of sticking to sobriety and achieving your goals.
So, before looking for a rehab center near you, you should look into what of your needs have to be met.
Some factors to consider include:
- Age – In the US, people between 18 and 25 years old are the most likely to use addictive substances. However, young adults’ addiction treatments can be different from the ones delivered to their adult counterparts.
- Inpatient vs Outpatient – lifestyle factors matter. While inpatient programs offer much higher chances of success, they can be disruptive to your daily life. Oppositely, outpatient programs are more affordable and involve a part-time commitment, but they might not be as effective.
- Cost – finding affordable rehab programs that fit your financial means is vital. If a program is too expensive, it might affect your chances of completing your journey.
- Family and lifestyle factors – the journey out of addiction is rarely a single person’s one. Usually, your family will also need help coping with the situation and establishing the right boundaries.
What You Should Look for in an Inpatient Rehab Treatment Center
When looking for a rehab center that is accessible, affordable, and efficient, you might have to make some compromises. However, here are some features that your chosen inpatient rehab treatment must-have.
- Offers specialty treatments – no two addictions are the same, and you should ensure that the rehab center you have chosen specializes in treating your addiction. Specialties might include treating alcohol, cocaine, heroin, opiate, meth, or Xanax addictions.
- It provides Integrated Treatment for co-occurring disorders – drugs, and alcohol addictions are linked to mental health, and vice-versa. A rehab center that specializes in integrated treatment will be able to address your condition holistically.
- Beneficial amenities and facilities – the center’s environment will play a vital role in increasing your chances of success. Ensure your chosen center offers 24/7 specialized care, state-of-the-art facilities, and the chance to engage in a variety of activities.
- Choosing on location and accessibility – there are different professional opinions on whether your rehab center should be close or far from your place of residence. A far away rehab center can represent an escape from your addicted life, but a nearby one can make you feel more comfortable.
- Allows for gender separation – addiction is different for men and women. Gender separation can help a specialist treat gender-specific addiction problems and encourage engagement.
- Offers the right program – make sure the program you choose is licensed to provide the level of care you need
- Availability of financial plans – your health should not feel like a financial burden. Most rehab centers will help you find the financial help you need by contacting your insurance provider.
- Provides ongoing support – the relapse rate after treatment is almost as high as one of the chronic illnesses such as asthma. To prevent this, the center you have picked must offer ongoing support – even after you have completed your inpatient journey.
Medications and Treatment Types in an Inpatient Rehab Treatment Center
Each rehab center offers different medication and treatment types. However, generally, the first step in inpatient programs is detox. During this phase, the treatment is usually medically assisted and specific to the kind of addiction. This stage can be decisive for the outcome, and your chosen rehab center must specialize in administering these treatments.
At the same time, medications are not always necessary, and the treatment provided in a certain clinic must align with your goals.
The Red Flags To Look Out For
Not every rehab center is as successful and beneficial. Here are a few red flags to look out for – the telltale signs indicating to stay away from a certain center.
- Missing or hard-to-find accreditations
- No medical staff on site (which means they are not licensed to provide the higher level of care your loved one may need)
- The costs are not explained to you thoroughly during the admissions intake
- A vague explanation of the level of care (some inpatient rehabs are licensed to provide higher levels of care like Detox and RTC, vs others that are just licensed for PHP levels of care.)
- Bad or lacking reviews
- Missing direct numbers to contact the rehab
- Lack of photos of the facility
- No communication of a Case Management team (ensuring your loved one gets essential aftercare plans in order to successfully transition to the next level of care)
What To Ask When You Call an Inpatient Rehab
Your consultations with a potential rehab tell you a lot about the place and what to expect from it – if you ask the right questions! The ones below are a good starting point but don’t refrain from asking anything that feels important to you.
- What qualifications do the clinicians and staff hold? (For example, Peaks only hires clinicians with Masters Degrees or higher)
- What level of care is your rehab licensed for?
- Do you specialize in Integrated treatment for mental health?
- What therapies and treatments do you offer? (Psychological, physical, and psychosocial)
- What does your medical staff consist of?
- Do you provide aftercare and ongoing support?
- Do you have any type of family program?
- How long will my treatment last?
- Is your treatment center gender-separate?
- How do I prepare for inpatient rehab?
Start Your Journey Today
Here at the Peaks Recovery Centers, we know how difficult and overwhelming it can feel to find the right inpatient rehab treatment center for your needs. That is why we make available visits, consultations, and a direct line to our medical staff – so you can ensure that we are the right match for each other. Get in touch today to find out what we can do to help.
Contact Peaks Recovery to discover your options today.
Peaks Recovery Centers exclusive approach to inpatient treatment empowers men and women to leave drugs and alcohol behind them. Whether you are looking for alcohol rehab, drug rehab, our rehab program helps individuals learn and invest in new life practices, therefore they can restore and reclaim their lives.