Mental Health Careers In Colorado Springs, CO
Peaks Recovery Centers is dedicated to providing the highest level of addiction treatment services and mental health programming, and are always looking to expand our efforts and team. Those who have experience in substance abuse treatment and residential treatment are valued. At Peaks, you will gain immense insight into the individuals needing our help, our program, and how to refine your industry skills.
Join Our Team
Our team consists of individuals that are passionate, caring, and trained to provide the most exceptional services to those in need of addiction treatment. We believe all team members play a vital role, and when we work together, we can truly help our clients recover and go on to live fulfilling and purposeful lives.
Below you’ll find current open job positions. If there are no job postings, don’t worry. We encourage you to still submit the form below if you would like to become a part of our growing team.
The Residential Manager is part of a multi-disciplinary team that participates in the planning and organizing of individual and group activities that promotes a range of self-help skills for the clients. The Residential Director also plays the role of a mentor to the client’s by sharing recovery experiences as a means to help others struggling with addiction.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Inform each new client individually of the daily regulations/policies, schedules, and processes that they will be adhering to as a client of sober living.
- Schedule and facilitate departure/arrival of clients.
- Facilitate 1+ “circles” per week with all the sober living clients in attendance.
- Teach lessons on 12-step/spiritual principles that could improve the efficiency of a client’s recovery, as needed.
- Implement housing standards and restrictions on a daily basis per client or on the house as a whole.
- Decide on and implement group/individual consequences as needed when clients are not adhering to the standards of the program.
- Make changes to overall housing schedule as needed to ensure that all clients can be at the same place at the same time.
- Coordinate and set up client graduations.
- Complete Quarterly Residential Safety checks of all residential facilities on a quarterly basis.
- Input client urine analysis reports into the client’s chart in Kipu.
- Complete weekly Residential Reviews for each client in the program.
- Manage supplies for the residential facilities and complete supply orders with the Maintenance and Transportation Coordinator.
- Order all supplies and manage intake kits for new clients.
- Order urinalysis cups.
- Complete and manage quarterly Fire Drills in all residential facilities according to the Emergency Preparation and Disaster Plan.
- Monitor and the vehicle GPS Systems to ensure that drivers of company vehicles are adhering to the Transportation SOP and generating a monthly report of the findings for the Safety & Compliance Officer.
- Work with and oversee House Managers to ensure that the houses themselves are up to all regulation standards and PRC policies and procedures.
- Give constant direction and support to the House Managers as they deal with daily client problems.
- Work closely with the clinical staff to ensure that all staff are on the same page in regards to each client and the overall direction of the housing program.
- Take a call 24/7 for housing or behavioral issues that may arise.
- Coordinates with the appropriate staff in the hiring process for housing.
- Directing and teaching skills that include self-management, social and interpersonal effectiveness, independent community living competencies, and job readiness.
- Participates in crisis intervention plans that may include providing transportation and acting as a companion for a person needing additional support during a crisis.
- Completion of all documentation, incident reports, and daily monitoring within the housing of the clients.
- Search and clear the client’s cell phone prior to giving the cell phone back to the client.
- Follows protocols for empowerment that align with PRC policies and procedures.
- Observes client behavior to identify change or indicators of specific needs and share those observations with designated staff in order to carry out the client’s treatment plan goals.
- Demonstrates positive role modeling for the clients, mentoring, and coaching while utilizing recovery skills.
- Attends staff meetings, in-service meetings, peer reviews, supervision sessions, and other meetings as requested/required.
- Refers and links clients to needed community resources in order to maximize client functioning.
- Serves as an advocate to the client by providing support when needed by the client.
- Works cooperatively and constructively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Give individual time and attention to each client, as needed, in order to help the client through difficulties in early sobriety.
- Manage all the clients’ money and allotments on Thursdays.
- Make sure the sober living homes are always stocked with all supplies needed and that the house is in good condition, reporting if any repairs are needed to the Maintenance Coordinator.
- General oversight of all client activities every day and throughout the week, knowing what their schedules look like.
Center Wide Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for keeping client information confidential by adhering to Colorado law, HIPAA, and PRC policies and procedures.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws; professional practice acts and ethical guidelines; PRC policies and procedures; and contractual guidelines.
- Responsible for supporting the Mission, Purpose, and Vision of PRC by practicing and modeling a culture of wellness within a One Team Mindset.
- Completes all administrative paperwork.
- Completes required competency training and additional training as requested or selected by Supervisor.
- Reviews and acknowledges PRC policies and procedures as requested/required.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, carry attention to detail, with a strong work ethic, effective scheduling, and computer skills required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education or Formal Training and Experience:
- High School Degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working with clients in early recovery.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills.
- Experience with Google Suite
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to lead in a supportive, professional manner.
- Ability to work well with other agencies and businesses within the community.
- Ability to facilitate groups.
- Ability to listen, problem-solve, resolve conflict, and be solution-focused.
- Ability to meet due dates, time requirements, and commitments.
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients, staff, and other members of the public.
- Ability to relate in a supportive and non-judgmental manner with persons in distress.
- Ability to observe and describe behavior and/or symptomatic changes of clients.
- Ability to assess the level of risk and make an appropriate judgment for resolution of client emergencies to effect a safe outcome.
- Must have basic computer and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to drive and travel within and outside of the community.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to interact with people in a professional, friendly manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively and constructively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to think critically and independently.
- Ability to realize and activate the potential in every interaction, every day.
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Ability to use change as an opportunity for innovation and creativity.
- Ability to inspire and model collaborative teamwork.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Works a flexible schedule.
- Must maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license.
- May need to provide own means of transportation.
- Required to drive.
Apply with Peaks by filling out the form below.
We currently are not seeking to fill any positions, though we still encourage you to submit the form below if you would like to become a part of our growing team.
If you are interested in interning with Peaks Recovery Centers, please fill out the form below.