COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY (CBT)
CBT is a type of psychotherapy that stresses the significance of how our considerations and feelings influence our conduct. Individuals are approached to concentrate on their contemplations, convictions and mentalities and see how these identify with dangerous practices. By working through this procedure, an individual can learn positive coping skills to manage troublesome feelings and life circumstances.
CBT Therapy is used at Peaks Recovery Centers to help guide our patients towards living a purposeful and well rounded life. If you think CBT Therapy could help you or a loved one struggling with addiction, reach out today about our inpatient rehab services. We care and are here to help.
WHAT IS COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY?
CBT is a highly effective and well-established therapy that focuses on an individuals present thoughts, feelings and behaviors. It is a very hands on approach to problem solving, and helps one be aware of their behavior in order implement change.
HOW CBT WORKS
CBT concept holds that ones negative thoughts and learned behaviors are principles contributing to the psychological disorders. The therapist works with an individual to identify the destructive thoughts, feelings and behaviors, then applies a treatment plan to modify them.
WHAT CAN CBT HELP?
This therapeutic strategy is known for helping the following (but not limited to) problems:
- Drug and alcohol addiction
- Mood swings
- Child and adolescent issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Anger management
- Anxiety Depression
- Eating disorders
- Sexual and relationship problems
- Sleep problems
- Chronic pain
- Bad habits
TYPES OF CBT
CBT is the broad term for this type of therapy. Over the years CBT has broken down into more specific types, but holding the same concept of correcting negative and harmful thoughts. Different types of CBT has been established in order to better address specific disorders, such as PTSD, anxiety, trauma, or bipolar disorder.
- Cognitive Therapy(CT)
- Trauma-Focused CBT (TF-CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Multimodel Therapy Mindfulness Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (MCBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Integrative Behavioral Couples Therapy (IBCT)
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Exposure and Response Prevention (E/RP)
- Schema Therapy (ST)
- Relapse Prevention (RP)
- Habit Reversal Training (HRT)
- Skills Training
- Exposure Therapy
- Cognitive restructuring
- Problem solving
If you or a loved one is struggling with Trauma &
Addiction, reach out for help today
BENEFITS OF COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY
Each individual will have different short and long term goals dependent on their particular obstacles.
- Cognitive error consciousness
- Implementation of goal setting
- Functionality improvement
- Replacement of faulty beliefs
- Increased self confidence
- Facing fears
- Development of coping skills for stressful environment
- Relationship building
COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY NEAR ME
Peaks Recovery Centers applies CBT to those who’s treatment plan recognizes CBT as being beneficial towards achieving a more successful and fulfilled life. Peaks Recovery is just a phone call away and is ready to provide the guidance and support for you or a loved one.
To learn more about Peaks Recovery Centers and our drug and alcohol addiction treatment or mental health disorders, please call us today, or visit one of the pages below.